Virtual Homeschool Program for Grades 1–4
For payment link and to register, email: email@example.com
- Each session is 30 to 40 minutes via Zoom
- Preregistration required! 15 spots available each session
- Fridays 10:00 am grades 1 and 2, 11:30 am grades 3 and 4
- Cost $10 per session
Materials: Each session registrant will receive a kit which includes craft and experiment materials for use during the session to ensure an interactive engaging experience - available for pick up at Heartland Forest
Join us for a virtual interactive environmental science program for grades 1 / 2 and grades 3 / 4. Each session includes a virtual guided forest tour, experiment and a craft.
October 30: creepy, crawly, bugs! Explore the lives of insects and learn why we actually depend on them!
November 6: pond life. Investigate What do turtles and other pond creatures do in the winter
November 13: squirrels dare devils of our trees! Examine how they are adapted for life in our forests
November 20: owls, raptors and other birds. Take a closer look at these amazing creatures and see how many other birds we can spot along the trail.
November 27: animal tracks discover what animals call Heartland Forest and possibly your own backyard home.
- Grade 1 Needs and Characteristics of Living Things, Seasonal Changes
- Grade 2 Growth and Changes in animals
- Grade 3 Growth and Changes in Plants, Soils
- Grade 4 Habitats and Communities