Trail Walking Responsibly & Safety in the time of COVID-19
Effective Monday, June 22nd Heartland Forest is open for passive trail use * weather dependent.
Weekdays – 5pm to 8pm (Monday – Friday)
Weekends – 9am to 8pm (Saturday and Sunday)
• Gates will be locked at 8pm – no exceptions.
• There is no public access to the property before 5pm Monday to Friday.
• We are so pleased to be able to offer programming on weekdays to vulnerable populations. Their safety is our top priority, that's why there is no public access. We will take this very seriously.
Making responsible changes to our trail walking will keep us all safer and healthier. Please keep these measures in mind:
Practice Physical Distancing
• Keep 6 feet (2 m) apart from anyone not in your 'social bubble' of up to 10 people
• Move aside to allow others to pass.
Expect No Facilities
• Public washrooms will not be open.
• There will be no access to outdoor pavilions, playgrounds, mini-putt, firepit, etc.
• At all times, the Nature Centre and the area around it is protected space – respect the NO ENTRY signs.
• For your safety, from time to time certain trails may be closed.
By entering our property, you voluntarily agree to assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind.