We are excited to announce our new programming Forest Friends Outdoor Experience; Forest Friends is being offered to current participants of the Club F.I.N. and Work Experience Programs completely free of charge!
During program all recommended safety measures issued by Public Health will be followed including:
• Limiting the number of people present to 10 or less (this includes Heartland Forest’s staff and participant provided supports)
• Social distancing between staff and other participants
• Thorough sanitization of all equipment before and after use
• Thorough sanitization of washroom facilities and siting areas
The programming is strictly outdoors with no access to the Nature Centre. Washroom facilities located on the outside of the building near the office will be provided.
Forest Friends is a temporary program alternative being offered while our Club F.I.N. and Work Experience Programs are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unlike our other programming Heartland Forest will not be able to provide direct supervision of participants registered. For a participant to be able to attend they must:
• Have a level of independence that will allow them to be able to practice safe social distancing, follow directions and activities on their own, or
• Be able to provide their own support aged 18+ to attend with them during the duration of their time in program (one support per participant).
9:30am – 10:30am Yoga and Exercises
Led by one of Heartland Forest’s Counsellors.
10:30am – 11:30am Trail, Social & Free Time
Participants can go for a relaxing walk on the trails or use our visiting booth to safely get close to their friends. Heartland will also provide various activities that can be done under the pavilion or on the trails.
11:30am – 12:30pm Lunch Time
Bring your own lunch! We’ll meet under the Canadian Tire Pavilion and hand sanitizer will be provided before and after they eat.
12:30pm – 1:30pm Craft Workshops
Heartland Forest to provide the materials and direct the group on crafts that can be completed and taken home.
Program Runs: Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9:30am to 1:30pm
Time-slots Available: Morning (9:30am-11:30am)
Full Day (9:30am-1:30pm)
Registration: Heartland Forest can not guarantee spaces will be available for all previously registered Club F.I.N. and Work Experience Participants, and spaces will be filled on a first come first served basis. Due to the limited spaces, registrations will be limited to one day per week.