Many activities on the Children’s Outdoor Charter of Ontario can be explored here:
Follow a trail
• Any day of the year for free on your own or book guided programming with your class or community group.
Explore a park
• Grab a map and hit the trail! Fully accessible for everyone to enjoy.
Harvest something to eat
• Grow your own container garden or pitch in at a Community Garden; check the upcoming spring calendar for planting and workshop dates.
Play in the snow
• Bring everyone out to our annual WinterFest on Family Day in February, where there is fun to be found for everyone. Or, join us for a day of Winter Break Camp over the school holidays.
Build an outdoor shelter
• Build your own shelter with family, friends or classmates at the Creative Play! In the Outback at Summer Adventure Camp, build your team’s own fort!
Camp under the stars
• Watch the calendar and join in our Overnight Campout to discover the sights and sounds after dark.
• Any day on your own, or come during an event for help to dip a line into Dan’s Fishing Pond for Catch n’ Release.
Observe plants and wildlife
• Enjoy a walk on the accessible forest trails throughout the year to witness the change of seasons, take in the interpretive signage or stop in to a scheduled activity to learn more about the exciting living world around us!
Create an outdoor adventure
• Book Forest Discovery Programming for an exciting adventure with your classmates. Need outdoor ideas for your family? Purchase our personalized booklet “50 things to do before you grow up” for a whole list of fun for $5.00.